Saturday, December 12, 2009

Elliptical, there are so many types, oh my!

Yesterday, Eddy and I went to 2 Canadian Tire's, Sears, Sportcheck and Walmart to check out their exercise equipment. We had no idea there were so many brands and types to choose from. Also, the price range was from $150.00 to thousands. After talking to several people and Eddy hopping onto countless elliptical machines. We found one that we felt would serve our purpose. That is to say the one we really wanted was way out of our price range, so Canadian Tire won our vote. They had one that was 50% off and it seemed to have all the info we were looking for. Calories, distance, time, pulse, etc... Eddy will install it downstairs in front of the TV on Tuesday when the new shipment arrives to the store. We can hardly wait!!! I want to pick up a table that the weights can attach to and can be used to exercise both the arms and legs. It is affordable and so are the weights. However, Eddy said he wanted to wait a bit, and not go overboard. He is always the voice of reason. I tend to go whole hog when something new comes into my life. He also said that I could pick up an I-Pod which is something I've wanted for over a year. The prices have really come down and are now affordable to us. (Yea!)

Today I went to the rec centre and speed walked 1 mile and walked another 1/4 mile to cool down. I was sweating up a storm. I felt really warm and energized when I left. I got my hair cut really short after that. This caused my grey/white hair to have that salt and pepper look and I am so pleased that I am starting to look my age. I really don't want to have to color my hair anymore. It is a bother and it isn't very healthy. My daughter hated it and told me I looked like I was on Chemo therapy. My son-in-law said, after looking at me, that he didn't know that Eddy was into little boys. Humm...I like it!

Tomorrow, Eddy and I will clean the house and then start laying the wood floor in the spare bedroom downstairs. After that, if we have any strengh left, we will go skating. I hope we have some strength left, because I am really starting to love skating. I got my skates sharpened this week from a little shop that caters to figure skaters and the skate sharpening person only sharpens skates for kids and adults that are in training.

Eddy and I had scrambled eggs and home fries for breakfast. (Hardly raw, but lots of veggies in the eggs and oranges and berries to decorate the plate). He went to work today, so I packed him a veggie wrap that had guacamole (which I made) as the sauce and tons of veggies and buckwheat sprouts (which I sprouted in the kitchen this week). I also gave him a huge orange and banana. That should hold him until he gets home at 9:30 P.M. tonight. He said he would bring home a pizza for dinner, except I had a huge salad about an hour ago (7:00 P.M.) and I don't think I'm going to be hungry. We'll see. When I was at my daughter's, she was baking chocolate chip cookies with chickpeas (from Seinfeld's wife's cookbook)and they were delicious. I had 2 (bad me!) My 11 month old grandson squeezed the second one until it was almost unrecognizable as a cookie, so consequently he got the most of it. (Ewwww)

No comments:

Post a Comment