Sunday, December 6, 2009
Where to Start?
Eddy and I have started to work towards our long term retirement plans. We have 3 main areas that we have discussed working towards. First is getting this tiny 3 bedroom house in order so we can put it on the market and sell it. (After this is done and the house is sold, hopefully, we will then discuss where we will spend the rest of our years together). Secondly (and just as important) our diet. We got into some really poor food choices over the last few years. Eddy has now ballooned into a rather large lad and I gained some weight also. (I shall never admit how much though)! I have been a vegetarian for over 10 years. So now I am virtually vegan and raw, to boot. Eddy still likes his meat, but he is down to one meal a week and eats what I eat for the rest. (He is really a good sport). He has portion control issues so he is not loosing as much as he could if he followed this diet exclusively. However, he is slowly losing some weight and that is nice for him. He really wants to take the weight off. I know he will work this out for himself, eventually. And the third thing we have prioritized into our life is some sort of exercise routine. When I awaken, I run around the backyard 10 times to warm up. The dog sits by the deck looking at me wondering what the hell I am doing? It would be nice if she ran with me. (Fat chance)! Then I come in and do 30 minutes of strenght, flexibility, balancing and my cool off is some stretching. I am currently using 2 1/2 lb. weights for my feet and hands. Eddy and I went to the local recreational complex today to pick up some literature on pool and ice times this winter. Eddy loves to skate and I love to swim lengths. (About 7 - 8 years ago I used to go the the pool 5 days a week, or more, and swim 40 lenghts in 30 minutes. I would like to build myself back up to this routine, because I felt wonderful). I am hoping that together we can find a middle road that we can each do each other's loves and double our leisure experience as well as our cardio experience. In the spring we will purchase a new bike for Eddy and together we will ride our bikes. We have some wonderful bike trails near to where we live and we are so looking forward to this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment